My Google Code-In Participation Experience

I am Anurag De. I live in Kolkata,West Bengal. I read in Delhi Public School, Joka South Kolkata. I am a web developer and a programmer at the age of 14. I started with Html and CSS when I was 8 years old. Now, I am learning C language, scratch, javascript, php and python. I have designed and created my own school website. 
Recently, I have taken participate in GCI (Google Code-In) competition. GCI (Google Code-In) is a global and open source(OS) competition for age range 13-17 years pre-university students. This contest is funded by Google. There are 25 open source organizations participating for Google Code-In this time.
This my Sixth participation in Google code-In also in Google. Until now, I have completed 5 tasks ( 1. Install Ubuntu 17.10 Desktop 2. [easy] Get started with Linux!  3. Only after you've done 3 successful tasks in our project, create a blog post to explain your gci experience. I have won a t-shirt by completing 3 tasks. Actually, I got to know about this competition from my friend in social media (Facebook). From the first, it has been great. Now, I am doing my  6th task ( Blog A : write a blog article about your participation in the contest and add a picture and introduction of yourself). The task is about writing a blog post and this task is given by FOSSASIA website.
FOSSASIA is a non-profit Open Source Technology organization in Asia that supports developers and developers of Open Source Technology. FOSSASIA projects range from hardware to design, graphics and software. There are over 1000 members of FOSSASIA who work together for projects such as Open Event, Susi AI and Loklak on Github.
I know about some of the FOSSASIA technologies and projects. The Science Hack Lab, Software projects, Hardware projects, Open Source projects, Code-In 2017, Code-In 2016 , Code-in 2015Code-In 2014Open Event Android App Generator etc. I am interested in Software projects, Open Source projects, Susi AI and Loklak etc. also, Open Source project Code-In 2017 has inspired me a lot. Fossasia is participating as a mentor organization in the summer of code program of Google and Google Code-In.
I have installed many Open Source applications on my computer and phone. They are google Chrome, Facebook, Amazon File Manager, Google translate, PHPStorm  etc. In addition, there  are many world’s largest open source software projects and contributors, including Debian, Drupal association, Mozilla foundation, WordPress foundation, Wikimedia foundation, Linux foundation etc.
There is also a great importance of the communication channels. I use message, e-mail indirect communication channels to communicate with my mentors and with the GCI (Google Code-In) members and with the community. I discuss my problems and questions about the contest on contest discussion list via email.
From the first, I had a great zeal and interest in projects and technologies. Now, I am learning machine languages to make robots in future. Also, I want to learn artificial intelligence and Ruby, Angular, Js etc. also for better contribution.
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY GCI EXPERIENCE WITH GOOGLE AND WIKIMEDIA